INSA Rennes is a member of the INSA Group - Instituts Nationaux des Sciences Appliquées (National Institutes for Applied Sciences) INSA Rennes was founded in 1966 and is now one of the top ten engineering schools in France. INSA Rennes delivers engineering qualifications after five-year degree programs, which can be accessed at any level. INSA engineers are experts in a range of disciplines and are in demand in many leading industrial sectors such as electronics; information technology, the aerospace industry, aeronautics, automobile, telecommunications, environmental engineering and planning.
- 150 teaching and research staff
- 1,650 students
- 150 PhD students
- 30 PhD defended every year
- 6,700 engineers qualified at INSA Rennes
INSA Rennes comprises six specialist departments:
- Electronics and industrial IT (EII)
- Civil and urban engineering (GCU)
- Mechanical engineering and Automatic systems (GMA)
- Materials and Nanotechnologies (MNT)
- Computer engineering (INFO)
- Communication systems and networks (SRC)
An international outlook is one of the cornerstones of INSA Rennes' development strategy, through student and staff mobility, course organization and research excellence.
All students are expected to learn other languages and spend time abroad studying or undertaking internships. Many cooperation and exchange agreements are signed with universities abroad.
• 18 % of the students on campus are from other countries, representing 37 nationalities
• 65 % of students from any given year have studied or worked abroad
• 7 modern languages can be learned
• 1 international program EURINSA/ASINSA/AMERINSA
• 123 cooperation agreements signed in 38 countries